Monday, January 26, 2009

Global Warming? Baby, It's Cold Outside!

What I'm Thinkin'

I was watching Nat Geo the other night on tv. It was an episode about global warming.

These scientists had drilled some ice core samples from the Antarctic and were discussing how they could read what the weather was like for the past thousands of years. Each year was individually observed like rings in a tree. Each year had its own ring.

They could tell how much carbon dioxide was in the air and how much perception fell and even if there was volcanic activity.

So I am watching this thing intrigued by all the stuff I am learning.

Then....

Then they say something like; when there was little precipitation (clear skies/sunny) it was colder than when there were clouds and lots of moisture. Then they said something like "we have no idea why".

I thought, what the heck! This is not a little thing. But they blew over it and I heard no more about it.

I am not afraid of science. I like it. But 1/2 a story is not a story.

So, this morning I wake up and it is the first sunny day in a long time AND IT'S FREEZING OUTSIDE!

I think, hmmmm. They were right. When it was cloudy it was warmer, now when it's clear, it is very cold. Why?

Heck, I don't know.

It could be the clouds hold in all the heat from the lava under the earths crust or the dark side of space is so cold it makes us colder at night. Whatever.

The earth could be warming just as the scientist say. But why? Could be the natural way of things? Or, mankind is making greenhouse gases messing things up?

I don't know..... Now where did I put my cup of hot chocolate? I'm cold.

What I'm Thinkin'

Sincerely,

Timothy James Maki

No comments: